Monday, November 23, 2009

Another change of Attitude

Wednesday November 4, 2009:
Was verbally chastised by my supervisor, Linda Aiken, for falling behind on my workload. Allot was involved in the conversation, but I felt that I was thrown under a bus.....I left so hurt and feeling so unsupported that I truly felt that it might be time to separate myself from my current employment. I was so frustrated that I honestly did not want to go to my Elder's Quorum Presidency Meeting. Got home just as Milo Bushman and Kevin Earl arrived. I was running so late that I was able to kiss my wife, greet and embrace my children, and inhale a single slice of pizza as all three of us headed out the door. Feeling rushed, I again experience a deep feeling of not wanting to be going out with the Presidency. Once again, as soon as the invocation began, rage and hostility were instantly replaced with serenity and peace. We went out to invite folks to our ward conference set for 11/8/09. We stopped at Jeff Smith's, Jim Reed's, Mickell Sumerau's, Anthony Mylones, and a few other's. By the end of the night I was able to recognize and articulate just how grateful I was for being able to go out and serve with the Presidency that night. Serving others is always a fountain of strength for me. I am glad I went.......

No comments:

Post a Comment